Thursday, February 3, 2011

My take on MWM #28

MWM means Mid Week Mojo and it's a weekly sketch challenge done over at www.scrapbooksteals.com (another deal a day site that I frequent). I've just started playing along, this is my second week participating, but from the looks of the sketches, I think I'll go back and do some of the older ones too, because they look great! On their Facebook page, fans upload their renditions of the MWM and then you can link your picture up to their blog for a chance to be entered into a weekly draw. You can also link from your own blog to the ScrapbookSteals blog too, and that's what I'm doing. So without further ado, here's the sketch for this week:




And here is my take on it...pretty much identical to the above except for the strips for the journaling:



It's a really bright page, and it's about my 2 furry gals! I haven't done a LO about them in ages! The paper is all Sassafras Lass from their "Sweet Marmalade" collection (except for the turquoise cardstock, which is from my stash). I used the "Confection" pattern paper as my background, then fussy cut the flowers, hearts and clouds from the "Handmade" pattern paper. I also used some of the "Sweet Treats" cardstock stickers and popped them in with the cut outs. On the center of some of the smaller flowers, I used orange gemstones for more femininity. Lastly, I used some of my precious (and quickly dwindling) baker's twine from The Twinery in a bright yellow they call "Lemondrop"...it was the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for checking it out!

2 comments:

  1. I love your "precious" baker's twine - it looks great on the page. Did you really wrap it all the way around, or is it adhered just over the page (I do that sort of thing all the time). Great page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly I wrapped it all the way around....it was late and I wanted the page done after fighting with it for most of the day. I figured if I cut it, I would end up messing it up somehow! Might go back now that it's done, and cut the pieces out of the back to use them for another project!!

    ReplyDelete